Statutorily, the BCMT Director is the IPGP Director, Marc Chaussidon (since March 2016).
The main executive body of the BCMT is its Management Committee, which meets about once a year and is composed of five members (or their representatives):
- Marc Chaussidon, Director of IPGP,
- Vincent Lesur, Director of IPGP Magnetic Observatories,
- Frédéric Masson, Director of EOST,
- Aude Chambodut, Director of EOST Magnetic Observatories, Director of ISGI
Representatives of the funding agencies (CNRS-INSU, IPEV, CNES and CEA) and of French geomagnetism research laboratories are often invited to participate to Management Committee meetings.
The main advisory body of the BCMT is its Scientific Council, set up in 2009. The BCMT Scientific Council is composed of nine members:
- Kusumita Arora (NGR, India),
- Jean-Paul Boy (EOST, Strasbourg, France),
- Gauthier Hulot (IPGP, Paris, France),
- Dominique Jault (ISTerre, Grenoble, France),
- Monika Korte (GFZ, Germany),
- Alexeï Kuvshinov (ETH Zürich, Switzerland),
- Jeffrey J. Love (USGS, Golden, Colorado, USA),
- Susan Macmillan (BGS, Edinburgh, UK),
- Aurelie Marchaudon (OMP,Toulouse, France).
The Scientific Council meets every two years and produces observations and recommendations compiled in written reports:
BCMT Scientific Council meeting, 3 May 2016: observations and recommendations
Strategic plan 2014-2018
BCMT Scientific Council meeting, 30 October 2013: observations and recommendations
Strategic plan 2010-2012
Report of the second meeting of the Scientific Council of the Bureau Central de Magnétisme Terrestre (BCMT) held on 11 November 2011 at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris
Report of the first meeting of the Scientific Council of the Bureau Central de Magnétisme Terrestre (BCMT) held on 6 April 2009 at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris